2. 有鉴于学校无法恢复实体上课，故校方决定把初一至高三的年终考试（或模拟考试）转换成 “期末线上评审”，以适应新常态。
3. 有关“期末线上评审” 将于2020年11月23日（星期一）至11月27日（星期五）进行。学生须依照学校编制的时间表（见附录），自行上网到各科老师的谷歌教室（而非上网课的虚拟教室），进入Classwork 的Quiz Assignment 或Assignment回答老师预先设定的考卷，并在考试时间结束后，准时呈交答卷。
4. 线上评审进行中，不会有老师在网上监考，学生也不需要进入目前网课教室的Google Meet （除非老师事先提出要求）。但科任老师将全程在线，学生若有问题，可透过各式电子通讯媒体联络老师。
Dear Teachers, Parents & Students,
1. Following the MOE’s instruction, the school will stay closed until the end of the semester. Teaching and learning will be conducted online.
2. Consequently, the school is unable to resume physical classes. To adapt to the new norm, the school has decided to convert the Final Exams (or Mock Exams) to “Year End Online Assessment” for students from Junior One to Senior Three.
3. The “Year End Online Assessment ” will be conducted from 23 Nov 2020 (Monday) to 27 Nov 2020 (Friday). To take the assessment, students are required to go to the respective subject teachers’ Google classrooms (not the virtual classroom for online classes) according to the timetable set by the school (please refer to the attachment). Students are then to click into “Classwork”, chose either “Quiz Assignment” or “Assignment”. Students need to answer the questions and submit the answers on time.
4. During the assessment, teachers will not be invigilating online, and students do not need to join in to the google meet, platform where current online class using (unless requested by the teacher in advance). However, the subject teachers will be available online during the assessment to monitor and help students. Should problems arise, students can contact the subject teachers via conventional call or online messaging apps.
5. The duration for online assessment for every subject is one hour. During the assessment, students are allowed to refer to textbooks or reference books. The school, however, expects students to have the integrity to answer questions on their own. The school will investigate if multiple students’ answers (non-standard answer questions) are found to be similar. Once plagiarism is detected, disciplinary actions will be taken, and the scores of the students concerned will also be affected.
6. The assessment syllabus for the “Year End Online Assessment” is similar to the original scope issued by the school earlier, while the format of the questions may differ to suit the online assessment tool. Should there be any changes, further announcement will be made by the respective subject teachers.
7. As the “Year End Online Assessment” will be conducted online, parents are requested to facilitate students with the electronic device and sufficient Internet quota so that the assessment can go smoothly. Should unforeseen technical problems arise (such as no electricity, continuous interruption of internet connection, computer crashing, etc.) which seriously affect the performance of the students, students are to take the initiative to contact the subject teacher to arrange for makeup assessment.
8. Considering the various internet speeds in different regions, students are allowed to submit or upload their answers to the prescribed platform within 20 minutes after the end of the assessment. If students deliberately delay in submission or uploading, the scores will be affected. Students are urged to adhere to the rule strictly.
9. If students are absent from the “Year End Online Assessment” without any reason, and do not proactively contact the school to provide explanation, the score will be calculated as “zero”. The school will reserve the right to retain the students.
10. The academic assessment for 2020 is as follows:
|1||1st Summative Test||20%*|
|2||2nd Summative Test||20%*|
|3||Year End Online Assessment||15%*|
|5||Online Teaching Quiz||10%|
|6||Classroom Evaluation (physical classroom & online class)||20% (10% respectively)|
Remarks: *revised value
11. From now, there are still two weeks before the “Year End Online Assessment”. Subject teachers are urged to arrange a simulated “online assessment” to help teachers and students adapt to the new norm of online assessment.
12. It would be appreciated if parents could continue to urge students to seriously participate in the online classes. Teachers will record the students’ attendance every period, which forms part of the evaluation for online class performance. The school is very grateful to the parents for their continued support and cooperation.
13. Please find attached he “Year End Online Assessment” timetable.
Goh Teck Seng
9 November 2020